Louisiana’s Health Insurance Marketplace
• If you do not have health insurance through your employer or Medicaid/Medicare, you can purchase affordable health care coverage through the Marketplace (health insurance exchange).
• If you’re lower income, you may qualify for lower or no cost coverage.
• All Marketplace plans must cover many preventative services without charging you a copayment. This is true even if you haven't met your yearly deductible. For a list of all the preventative services for women, click here.
• The marketplace allows you compare coverage options side-by-side.
• Enroll by December 15th for insurance that will be effective in January.
• Apply online, by mail, or in-person with a navigator. Telephone help and online chat are available 24/7 to help you complete your application.
• Downloadable and paper applications are available.
For More Information:
• Go to www.HealthCare.gov.
• Call 1-800-318-2596.
• Contact an organization below to get help with the application
(or visit the local help webpage to find additional organizations that can help)
What You Will Need to Apply:
• Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
• Birth dates
• Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or “Wage and Tax Statements”
• Policy numbers for any current health insurance
• Information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your jobs
New Orleans area:
Trinity Church (Lower Ninth Ward)
5234 N. Claiborne Avenue (at Egania)
New Orleans, LA 70117
Call for Appointments: 1-800-239-7379
Monday - Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturdays: 10am - 2pm
Southwest Louisiana Area
Health Education Center
103 Independence Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506
Office Hours: 8:30 - 5:00
(337) 989-0001 (main)
(800) 435 - 2432 (toll free)
600 N Lewis
New Iberia LA 70563
(337) 365-7311 (main)
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 04:30PM
Ville Platte Medical Center, Llc D/B/A Acadian Medical Center,
A Campus Of Mercy Regional Medical Center
3501 Hwy 190 East.
Eunice LA 70535
(615) 372-8555 (main)
Ville Platte Medical Center, Llc D/B/A Acadian Medical Center, Mercy Regional Medical Center
800 East Main Street
Ville Platte LA 70586
(615) 372-8555 (main)