Louisiana’s Health Insurance Marketplace
• If you do not have health insurance through your employer or Medicaid/Medicare, you can purchase affordable health care coverage through the Marketplace (health insurance exchange).
• If you’re lower income, you may qualify for lower or no cost coverage.
• All Marketplace plans must cover many preventive services without charging you a copayment. This is true even if you haven't met your yearly deductible. For a list of all the preventative services for women, click below.
• The marketplace allows you compare coverage options side-by-side.
• Enroll by December 23rd for insurance that will be effective in January.
• Apply online, by mail, or in-person with a navigator. Telephone help and online chat are available 24/7 to help you complete your application.
• Downloadable and paper applications are available.
For More Information:
• Go to www.HealthCare.gov.
• Call 1-800-318-2596.
• Contact an organization below to get help with the application
(or visit the local help webpage to find additional organizations that can help by clicking below)
What You Will Need to Apply:
• Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
• Birth dates
• Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or “Wage and Tax Statements”
• Policy numbers for any current health insurance
• Information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your jobs