Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who do I call if I am having problems with my Medicaid or I want to apply for Medicaid?
Medicaid Services Phone Number: 1-800-834-3333
2. If I was diagnosed with Breast or Cervical Cancer in another state through the Breast and Cervical Early Detection Program, may I continue my treatment in Louisiana?
Contact Tyler Bartley: 504-568-6231, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3. Does LBCHP pay for treatment?
No. An LBCHP provider can help you apply for the Breast and Cervical Fast Track Medicaid if you have been diagnosed with cancer and meet eligibility requirements.
4. Do I qualify for Medicaid if I am diagnosed with Breast or Cervical Cancer?
You may qualify if you meet these requirements:
-Diagnosed by an LBCHP provider
-Income is at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level (guidelines)
-Meet any other Medicaid requirements
5. What if I am not diagnosed by an LBCHP Provider?
You may still qualify for Medicaid: 1-800-834-3333
6. Who are the LBCHP providers?*
Our providers are displayed here.
7. What if I don't have health insurance?
The Louisiana Health Insurance Marketplace offers different types of health plans to meet a variety of needs and budgets. For more information go to www.HealthCare.gov, call 1 (800) 318-2596, or contact an organization that will help you with the application.
*Women diagnosed for breast or cervical cancer at Lallie Kemp Medical Center, W O Moss Regional Medical Center and Bogalusa Medical Center qualify as fast track Medicaid patients.